Health Awareness: October
Thank you for visiting the official Evolve Senior Solutions, LLC blog.
Today’s blog is about health awareness. Many of us are aware that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Men and women are both susceptible to this type of cancer. So, please make sure that you get your mammograms this month and even take a friend or family member.
I wanted to take this time to make you aware of the other conditions that need awareness this month as well: (and maybe a little something you can do to help support)
• National Down Syndrome Awareness Month - Gerber has chosen a child with Down syndrome as this year's Gerber baby 😊
• Eye Injury Prevention Month – follow up care with your favorite eye MD
• Home Eye Safety Month & Health Literacy Month – help someone learn to read their prescription bottles
• Respiratory Care Week (Oct. 21-27) & Healthy Lung Month – make sure your rescue inhalers are up to date
• National Physical Therapy Month – pull out that old care plan for mom and dad and start to work on daily again
• National Bullying Prevention Month – report anyone who misuses social media
• National Dental Hygiene Month – follow up with your favorite dentist
• National Medical Librarians Month – check out your local library events
• Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Awareness Month – learn how to prevent
• Spina Bifida Awareness Month – donate to the cause
• Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month – donate to the cause
• Domestic Violence Awareness Month – check your local shelter and provide supplies
• National ADHD Awareness Month – donate to the cause
• World Cerebral Palsy Day (Oct. 3) – donate to the cause
• World Mental Health Day (Oct. 10) & Mental Illness Awareness Week (Oct. 7-13) – check in on your friends and families with mental health illnesses
• Depression Screening Day (Oct. 11) – ask your primary care MD
• Bone and Joint Health National Action Week (Oct. 12-20) – ask your primary care MD
• International Infection Prevention Week (Oct. 14-20) – wash your hands
• Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day (Oct. 15) – donate to the cause
• National Latino AIDS Awareness Day (Oct. 15) – donate to the cause
• National Health Education Week (Oct. 15-19) – learn about any chronic conditions impacting your loved ones
• World Food Day (Oct. 16) - try a new kind of food (like Mediterranean)
• World Pediatric Bone and Joint Day (Oct. 19) – learn how much milk your little ones should have
• National Healthcare Quality Week (Oct. 21-27) – complete those surveys they send because if you don’t tell them, they will not know
• International Stuttering Awareness Day (Oct. 22) – help someone read this day
• World Psoriasis Day (Oct. 29) – donate to the cause
Thank you for sharing – sharing is caring, send to someone you know needs this information.