Hello and Welcome!
Wellness is a holistic integration of pieces of one’s physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, vocational, financial, and environmental well-being.
Our well-being impacts our actions and emotions. All pieces are important, and must be paid attention to, as neglecting one over time will poorly affect the others, and ultimately one’s health, well-being, and quality of life.
So, lets take some time to do a general overview of what the pieces of wellness are.
- Intellectual well-being is being open to new ideas and consider being a life-long learning (I am 😊). For this piece we can think in terms of always being willing to expand your knowledge.
- Emotional well-being is understanding your feelings and coping effectively. For this piece we can think in terms of self-care, relaxation, and reducing stress.
- Social well-being is your social roles in society, like friend, daughter, and so on and having those relationships be effective and positive. For this piece we can think in terms of “who is your circle” or “who is your support system”.
- Spiritual well-being is your religion or spirituality as well as values. For this piece we can think in terms of what helps us have meaning and purpose.
- Vocational / Occupational well-being is about enjoying your work. For this piece we can think in terms of having fulfilling work.
- Financial well-being is managing your money. For this piece we can think in terms of budgets, reducing debt, and saving.
- Environmental well-being is your lifestyle and surroundings. For this piece we can think in terms of interacting with nature and your personal environment.
- Physical well-being is of course the one most think about when they hear “wellness”, but it is only a piece of the wellness puzzle. Physical well-being is a healthy body and seeking care when needed. For this piece we want to think in terms of getting your sleep, screenings, and annual exams as well exercising and eating nutritiously.
Lastly, as a Certified Care Manager, I assess and create care plans with all pieces of the patient's and caregiver's wellness in mind.
Thank you for reading!
Stay connected on Facebook! Visit www.evolveseniorsolutionsllc.com